Centos - Vmware Clients
For VMWare Clients
- In Sphere Client: Guest > Install/update VMware Tools
- On the VM console in command line, being a server I do not have a GUI installed:
- mkdir /cdrom, or anyother mount point you like
- mount the vitural cdrom from step 1; mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
- cd /tmp
- tar -xvf /cdrom/VMwareTools (tab to auto-complete)
- cd vmware (tab to auto-complete)
- ./vmware-install.pl; accept defaults, you might have to install peral as well
- umount /cdrom
- In Vsphere Client: Guest > Install/upVMware Tools > OK
- To confirm the install; in the client > VM Summary tab and look for OK next to VMWare Tools
Note, If you have run Yum Update and haven't rebooted before proceeding there is a chance you are still running an older kernel, and the vmware tools install script will enter a fail loop when looking for the Linux C Headers.
For the VMtools install, Reboot after updating, reboot after installing.
none /dev/shm tmpfs size=8G 0 0